3DHISTECH launches 3DView, a software application that prepares 3D reconstructions of 2D serial sections. It is also capable of displaying microCT images in 3D (VOL/VGI format).
While microscope slides allow you to see only one section of reality, 3DView is a tool that can reconstruct the original tissue from its serial sections. The 3D image can then be rotated, zoomed into and “sliced” arbitrarily according to user needs.
3DView comes with the following key features:
- Advanced visualization options
- – Besides brightness, contrast, gamma, RGB channels, etc., the user can select and edit several stainings for best visualization.
- – Slice view (2D) of arbitrary sections and volume view (3D) of a volumetric data set are both available.
- – 3DView is also capable of preparing 3D reconstructions from a Z-stack slide.
- Measurement tools to assess metric distances
- Advanced file export options
- – The reconstruction can be exported as either 2D series or a 3D volume, with several channel data, alignment, export magnification and file format options – including high-resolution video.
- – High-resolution snapshot export for publications is also available.
- Wide compatibility with third-party file formats
- – Besides MRXS by 3DHISTECH, 3DView handles SVS by Leica Aperio, CZI by Zeiss, NDP by Hamamatsu, and VSI by Olympus.
Along with 3DView, 3DHISTECH’s wide range of digital slide viewing solutions include SlideViewer, InstantViewer and iPad Viewer. For clinical applications, 3DHISTECH offers ClinicalViewer as part of the comprehensive PANNORAMIC Pathology Diagnostic System.