Three key members of 3DHISTECH’s PANNORAMIC scanner range, PANNORAMIC 250 Flash III, PANNORAMIC Scan II and PANNORAMIC Midi II as well as their control software have been upgraded to even better serve the diverse needs of cancer and pharmaceutical research, molecular and developmental histology, neuroscience and many more.
3DHISTECH upgrades three of its key digital slide scanners, PANNORAMIC 250 Flash III, Scan II and Midi II with
New monochrome PCO edge 4.2 bi deep-cooled back-illumination sCMOS camera for fluorescence scanning:
- The new camera provides even better image quality, especially for immunohistochemistry (IHC) applications like Opal staining and molecular labeling: The chip is more sensitive in the 720-750 nanometer range than its predecessor, which reduces exposition time and further improves image quality.
- Also, the new camera works directly through a USB 3.0 port, no additional graphics card is necessary.
New optional 10x objective for fluorescence scanning:
- The new objective reduces fluorescence scanning time and provides further improved image quality.
Additionally, slide capacity for the PANNORAMIC 250 has been increased to 300 to help laboratories better handle the increased number of slides.
The upgraded scanners will be shipped with the brand-new PANNORAMIC Control Software version 3.0, a versatile and flexible scanner software tailored to the diverse needs of research laboratories. Its key features include
- Scanning profiles for individual slides, multiple scanning locations and separate scanning of TMA slides for flexibility
- Several focus modes and multilayer scanning options for superior image quality in both brightfield and fluorescence scanning
- Further improved deconvolution for superior image quality in fluorescence scanning
- Highly adjustable software and hardware settings
- Flexible image analysis
- Customizable user interface and scanning workflow
- Conversion into multiple file formats: DICOM, Tiled TIFF, Roche TIFF
Along with PANNORAMIC 250 Flash III, Midi II and Scan II, PANNORAMIC Confocal remains a unique element of 3DHISTECH’s digital slide scanner range. Owing to its innovative structured illumination confocal imaging technology, PANNORAMIC Confocal offers brightfield and fluorescence confocal scanning in unprecedented quality for molecular pathology applications at low running costs, contributing to increased productivity for research laboratories.
For research and education use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures. These products have not been approved or cleared as medical devices by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
For more information about PANNORAMIC® digital slide scanners please visit this page.