We are proud to announce the release of SlideViewer as the successor of our highly popular CaseViewer slide viewing application.
CaseViewer is 3DHISTECH’s digital microscopy application designed for supporting the microscope examination process in bioscience. We launched CaseViewer as a free download in 2013 and we continuously improved it with eight releases since then. Also, its functionality was enriched with the addition of several plugins, including Marker Counter, DICOM Snapshot and 3DPeek. CaseViewer quickly gained popularity among clinical pathologists, medical and pharmaceutical researchers as well as medical students worldwide.
In 2020, in line with our decision to develop a completely new product line tailored to the special requirements of routine pathology, ClinicalViewer was launched as viewer software integrated into the PANNORAMIC Pathology Management System.
Now, as an important step to relaunch its software and hardware portfolio for research, we are proud to announce the SlideViewer 2.5 release. SlideViewer provides researchers, lecturers, and students with a flexible and easy-to-use digital microscopy tool for even better research results and state-of-the-art histology education.
Its key features include
- – Advanced Annotation Management with annotation groups and annotation history;
- – Three important SlideViewer plugins (3DPeek, Marker Counter and DICOM Snapshot) now included in the free version;
- – High-resolution snapshot for publications;
- – Full scan preview images, and many more.
Please note that
- – SlideViewer can be installed and used in parallel with ClinicalViewer on the same computer.
- – As SlideViewer 2.5 is the direct successor of CaseViewer 2.4, installing SlideViewer on a computer will overwrite any CaseViewer version.
- – SlideViewer will continue to be fully compatible with our SlideCenter (former CaseCenter) slide management system.
- – SlideViewer is fully compatible with new QuantCenter version 2.3. Note however that previous QuantCenter versions will not be compatible with SlideViewer version 2.5 – users will need to use CaseViewer 2.4 or earlier.
For more information about SlideViewer, please visit the SlideViewer product page. If you still have questions, please read a detailed FAQ here on SlideViewer and CaseViewer. To download the latest SlideViewer (version 2.5) free of charge, please click here.