We are proud to invite you to the first Virtual 3DHISTECH Symposium – New Era of Digital Pathology, to be held at 10am Central European Time (CET) on February 10, 2021. Participation at the event is complimentary but registration is required. Please visit this page to register and to gain access.
During the event, we will have four speakers from leading European clinical pathology laboratories sharing their experience on how 3DHISTECH’s solutions have facilitated their daily work in various fields of routine clinical pathology:
How does the digital workflow support the clinical assistance at IPATIMUP?
– presented by Catarina Eloy, MD, PhD, Head of the Pathology Laboratory of IPATIMUP, Porto, Portugal
IPATIMUP is a research institute with double accreditation that finished the digital transformation of the pathology workflow in July 2020. The implementation process after the scanner P1000 installation lasted a year including all the validation process for primary routine diagnosis. The team involved 8 pathologists, 10 technicians, 5 administrative and IT staff that worked together and during pandemic times to accelerate the possibility to work at distance. At this point, a very efficient workflow is established, with no impact on the turnaround time or decrease in the very high quality of the exams produced in the laboratory. Furthermore, the digital transformation motivated the team to build a new concept: a paper-free lab.
As a summary, the digital transformation had major impact at 3 levels in the pathology laboratory of IPATIMUP: ability to share, costs with parallel tasks and turnaround time. During the pandemic, the isolation of the people and remote work were responsible for low communication between personnel. This was partially overcome by the help of the digital images that could be easily shared for second opinion, annotated for specific diagnostic doubts, or even used for validation of staining purposes. Costs of paper, couriers or recuts for secondary observation were dramatically decreased due to the sharing of digital slides with other institutions. Time spent for case revision was also reduced due to the fastest access to prior cases, flexibility in scheduling facilitated by the possibility of remote observation and faster observation of large specimens. In the laboratory, there was also a reduction of the time used for archival and case assignment.
Digitizing the pathology workflow in an academic environment
– presented by Konnie Hebeda, MD, PhD, Pathologist, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Dr. Konnie Hebeda, pathologist at the Radboud UMC in Nijmegen, Netherlands, will discuss the motivation, choices and experiences during the process of digitizing the diagnostic pathology workflow to support specialization, consultation, teaching and the application of artificial intelligence.
How does Digital Pathology support the clinical workflow of multiplatform imaging?
– presented by Catherine Guettier, MD, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Bicêtre University Hospital and Clovis Adam MD, Senior Pathologist, Bicêtre University Hospital, France
Our department is a French academic Department of Pathology associated with Paris Saclay University. Since 2018 the department has been working for 3 different hospitals within the APHP – Paris Saclay group in Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris: Bicêtre, Paul Brousse and Antoine Béclère Hospitals with a shared technical platform based in Bicêtre.
The challenges we had to meet in this context of reorganization and rapid evolution of the pathology were numerous and were largely overcome thanks to the parallel implementation of digital pathology:
– to maintain a frozen section consultation activity on the two secondary sites while optimizing the medical time
– to correlate gross and histopathological imaging for surgical specimens
– to manage histopathological and immunofluorescent slides for renal and skin biopsies
– to develop molecular pathology (quantification of biomarkers, FISH techniques with an easier analysis)
– to facilitate internal and external second opinions on difficult cases
– to improve discussion with physicians from the 3 hospital by sharing digital slide
– to maintain an acceptable turnaround time for pathological reports despite the extra step of digitalization
– to start IA research on digital slides.
Additionally to the guest presentations, we will have several talks by 3DHISTECH:
Digitalization of Pathology
– presented by Béla Molnár MD, PhD, DSc (CEO)
Complex diagnostic solution from 3DHISTECH
– presented by Annamária Csizmadia (Head of Digital Pathology Product Line)
A new pathology case management solution
– presented by Zita Bratu (Product Development Manager)
A New generation of diagnostic applications
– presented by Viktor Jónás (Product Development Manager)
Register here to gain access to the event.
We are looking forward to seeing you there!