PANNORAMIC® Flash DESK DX is an aﬀordable, entry-level slide scanner for clinical routine diagnosis, a simple and easy-to-use tool suitable for frozen section scanning.
Thanks to the ultra-fast scanning process, the digital slides are available immediately to the pathologist thereby reducing the time to diagnosis during surgical procedures.
The diagnostic (DX) PANNORAMIC® Flash DESK is an integral part of our pathology information system (PIS). The produced digital slides are paired automatically for the appropriate case by the PANNORAMIC® Pathology Image Management System.
Exceptional image quality
PANNORAMIC® Flash DESK DX now uses the Flash scanning technology for fast scanning and superior image quality for even low-volume scanning. Thanks to the high-quality objectives, adapters and 12 MP camera with Xenon Flash illumination, PANNORAMIC® Flash DESK DX offers exceptional image quality in brightfield scanning. PANNORAMIC® Flash DESK DX can achieve up to 41x or 82x optical magnification and 0.242 or 0.121 µm/pixel resolution.
Double-width slide compatibility
PANNORAMIC® DESK’s slide holder supports double-width slides (width: 50.0 to 51.0 mm) while a slide adapter is used for standard slides. A built-in sensor automatically detects whether a standard slide is in the slide adapter or a double-width slide is loaded.
Compact design – small footprint
With only 12 kg weight and 38 cm width, the PANNORAMIC® Flash DESK DX is a great choice for small laboratories.
Supported image formats
The PANNORAMIC® Flash DESK DX supports DICOM as a global standard, and MRXS as a proprietary file format.
The PANNORAMIC® FLASH Desk DX is a great choice for small routine pathology laboratories looking for an affordable but high-quality scanning solution suitable for teleconsultation and frozen section scanning.
PANNORAMIC Diagnostic Scanners are powered by the PANNORAMIC Diagnostic Scanner Software, which provides one-touch, fast and high-quality slide scanning according to the needs of routine pathology laboratories.
- Fully automated scanning operation
- AI-based automated tissue detection for faster scanning
- Excellent image quality for accurate diagnosis: focus quality check with automated rescanning, adaptive focus point assignment
- Integrated user management to ensure secure access to the scanner
- Event logging and remote monitoring with CentralLogService application) to follow user activity, scanning events and errors – with automated report generation
- Handling more servers at the same time for even more efficient storage management
- Automated self-calibration during scanning for consistent image quality
The product has been designed for diagnostic purposes, although the medical device registration process is pending in Europe. Important information for the USA: For research and education use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures. This product has not been approved or cleared as a medical device by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.