The COVID-19 pandemic continues to dominate the news worldwide. Although some countries have already started lifting restrictions, COVID-19 is very likely to affect our lives for months, if not years to come.
Due to health and safety concerns, those who can, have been working from home for weeks, utilizing digital technology from VPN through web conferencing to online project management tools. As a result, working from home is predicted to play a much larger role in the future, even after the pandemic has ended.
While a home office supported by various digital tools is straightforward for most office workers, it may not be obvious for the pathologist. However, in pathology, remote digital solutions are equally useful, offering several benefits:
- In the current situation, safety is at the top of the list – working from home, the pathologist is not exposed to health risks at the hospital.
- Working with digital slides, the pathologist may be able to help set up a diagnosis much quicker than using the traditional method, even from home.
- Digital tools such as image analysis applications or teleconsultation can greatly increase the accuracy of the diagnosis.
- Lastly, although cost effectiveness is not a top priority during a pandemic, digital pathology can ultimately bring major cost savings to the laboratory.
In addition, digital pathology offers obvious patient benefits as well: increased precision of diagnosis and faster treatments are probably what matter most. We at 3DHISTECH, the digital pathology company can help pathologists go digital with the following tools:
- PANNORAMIC scanners, the most comprehensive digital slide scanner range, from affordable single-slide to high-speed 1000-slide capacity, from award-winning, high-quality brightfield to versatile brightfield and fluorescence scanning in the same device as well as the possibility to handle both normal and double-width slides.
- The CaseCenter server-based solution for slide management and storage supporting teleconsultation.
- The CaseViewer state-of-the-art digital microscopy application.
- The QuantCenter image analysis application.
- The CaseManager pathology information system to help pathologists manage their cases in a seamless way, from slide scanning to the final report.
- The free Pathonet image sharing platform.
With more than 10 years of experience and over 2000 systems installed worldwide, 3DHISTECH is dedicated to developing and manufacturing digital pathology hardware as well as offering related software and services.
Why not talk to us? Feel free to reach out for a discussion.
Important information for the USA: For research and education use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures. PANNORAMIC digital slide scanners and related software have not been approved or cleared for primary diagnosis by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.