Sadly, COVID-19 is still with us. Although several vaccines have been developed, tested and approved at unprecedented speed during the past year, and some countries have reached high vaccination levels and have started lifting restrictions, COVID-19 is likely to affect our lives further on – at least for months, if not years to come.
Due to health and safety concerns, those who can, have been working from home for weeks, utilizing digital technology from VPN through web conferencing to online project management tools. As a result, working from home will predictably play a larger role, even after the pandemic has ended.
While a home office supported by various digital tools is straightforward for most office workers, it may not be obvious for the pathologist. However, in pathology, remote pathology solutions are equally useful, offering several benefits:
- In the current situation, safety is at the top of the list – working from home, the pathologist is not exposed to health risks at the hospital.
- Working with digital slides, the pathologist may diagnose much quicker than using the traditional method, even from home.
- Digital tools such as image analysis applications or teleconsultation can greatly increase the accuracy of the diagnosis.
- Lastly, although cost effectiveness is not a top priority during a pandemic, digital pathology can ultimately bring major cost savings.
Additionally, digital pathology offers obvious patient benefits: precision of diagnosis and faster treatments are probably what matter most. We at 3DHISTECH, the digital pathology company can help pathologists go digital with the following tools:
- The new, integrated PANNORAMIC Pathology Management System that allows the pathologist to control all the routine pathology workflow providing indispensable information in an easy-to-use digital format and helping to make an accurate diagnosis quickly and easily.
- PANNORAMIC Diagnostic Scanners, a new, comprehensive digital slide scanner range especially dedicated for use in routine pathology.
- The comprehensive Track & Sign laboratory information system providing support for sample management and diagnostic activities of pathology departments.
- The free Pathonet image sharing platform.
Read more about 3DHISTECH’s digital pathology solutions for routine clinical diagnostics.
Why not talk to us? Feel free to reach out for a discussion.
Important information for the USA: For research and education use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures. PANNORAMIC digital slide scanners and related software have not been approved or cleared for primary diagnosis by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.