PANNORAMIC Desk is an aﬀordable, entry-level digital slide scanner capable of scanning single and double-width slides.
The PANNORAMIC DESK is intended for use in the field of research and education. It can be used as a whole-slide scanner or a live-view digital microscope.
- Affordable, very high quality scanner
- Single and double-width glass slide scanning
- High-speed scanning
- Compact design
- High Resolution
3DHISTECH is continuously developing and improving the performance of its PANNORAMIC products to be able to provide the fastest and largest range of whole-slide scanners for the digital pathology market.
PANNORAMIC DESK II DW incorporates some of the latest features and improvements of the PANNORAMIC MIDI II and
PANNORAMIC SCAN II series.
- New 5 MP CMOS image recording components
- New multichannel LED brightfield light source
- New X-Y-Z stage design capable of loading double-width (DW) slides
- Upgraded computer resources
The benefits of using PANNORAMIC Digital Slide Scanners
- Double-width or standard glass slide / fresh frozen tissue scan
- Compact Design: (27 cm x 50 cm x 25.5 cm; 11 kg)
- Multilayer Z-stack scan with extended focus
- Versatile scan area selection or automated tissue area identification
- High speed scan: high resolution and high speed at the same time
- Multichannel LED light source
- Extended focal range due to the new X-Y-Z stage
- 5MP High Resolution CMOS Camera, high native resolution image 80x
- Scan Quality Check
- Scan Events Logging
- Live Image Navigation (Live view digital microscopy)
The new slide holder supports double-width slides (width: 50.0 to 51.0 mm). A slide adapter is used for standard slides. Double-width slide scanning requires a license. A built-in sensor automatically detects whether a standard slide in slide adapter or a double-width slide is loaded.
The 4MP CIS camera has been replaced with a new 5MP CMOS high performance image capture camera offering 20% faster scanning speed compared to the same native optical resolution PANNORAMIC DESK model with 4MP CIS camera. Now the imaging part has been further improved by introducing the multichannel LED light source with a monochrome camera. Thanks to the monochrome camera, higher quantum efficiency is achieved.
PANNORAMIC DESK II DW offers lower cost of ownership – due to longer life cycle and lower costs of operation – compared to any previous PANNORAMIC DESK models. It represents the most affordable brightfield scanner technology.
Improved optical performance – new brightfield light source
Having introduced the new Multichannel RGB LED wideband light source developed by 3DHISTECH, the color field of view is created by sequentially recording 3 images by RED, GREEN and BLUE wavelength transmitted light. High quality optical filters are used with the combination of wide spectrum white LEDs to create the wideband RED, GREEN and BLUE channels. Wideband RED, GREEN and BLUE light source components provide professional color fidelity and white balance.
Ideal white balance
While Halogen lamps are spectrally weak in blue wavelength, the blue channel had to be amplified electronically. The amplified blue channel resulted in more spectrum noise.
With the Multichannel wideband LED light source , the intensity of the RGB channels are calculated by computer according to the applied camera sensor’s spectral sensitivity. This way, spectral noise is equally low in all channels.
New X-Y-Z stage
PANNORAMIC DESK II DW is available in four different native magnification/resolution options varying two different objectives and two different adapters.
- the improved X-Y-Z stage for all PANNORAMIC scanners
- the improved scanner control unit for all PANNORAMIC scanners,
- the latest designs of image recording components embedded and
- the series of new functions,
all PANNORAMIC scanners are becoming more and more user friendly, more laboratory workflow oriented, and more powerful digital pathology tools with the best cost-performance ratio.
PANNORAMIC Desk II DW is an affordable, entry-level digital slide scanner for research laboratories just going digital or medical universities on a budget.
Scanner Software for Research
PANNORAMIC Scanners are powered by the PANNORAMIC Scanner Software for Research, which provides versatile, fast and high-quality slide scanning according to the imaging needs of cancer research laboratories, pharmaceutical companies or medical research institutes. Its key features include
- New Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Scanning profiles for individual slides, multiple scanning locations and separate scanning of TMA slides for flexibility
- Several focus modes, new intensity stitching algorithm, and further improved deconvolution for superior image quality
- Highly adjustable software and hardware settings
- Customizable user interface and scanning workflow
- Built-in slide conversion into the following file formats: DICOM, Tiled TIFF
Complementary Software Solutions
The 3DHISTECH software product portfolio is the most comprehensive one on the market. Whether it is tissue microarrays, IHC stainings, quantitative measurements, e-learning application and more, 3DHISTECH offers solutions for your research work.