CaseViewer is a digital microscope application designed for supporting the histopathological diagnostic workflow and the microscope examination process in bioscience.
Main new features (CaseViewer 2.2)
- MultiView: With this function a maximum of nine slides of a single case with different stainings can be viewed simultaneously on the main screen. This function is useful for routine pathology diagnostics and for marker validation studies. Slides from serial sections can be aligned and synchronized automatically by a simple click.
- Slide stack visualization: By using this feature, slides of serial sections with different staining can be organized and then aligned in a slide stack. This function is useful for investigating the same tissue structure stained by different markers.
- Case preview: In order to facilitate the diagnostic process, a slide preview panel with all slides within a case is integrated (stored in CaseCenter server or in a local folder). Any slide from the slide preview panel can be opened by dragging
and anddropping or by double-clicking. 64 bitversion: Besides the 32bit version, now the 64 bitversion is available.
Key features for Routine diagnostics
- Tracking history is available in high resolution recalling the history of reviewed regions of the slide step by step.
- Marker Counter is now available in CaseViewer as well. This optional licensed software module improves the workflow by counting relevant tissue structures faster and easier. It is an adequate solution for counting stained cells, immune-positive cell structures or count mitosis in the tissue.
- Autofluorescent compensation: FFPE (formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded) samples typically contain fluorescent background signals because of the autofluorescent characteristic of formalin. The image compensation feature limits the visual appearance of the fluorescent stain in the background and highlights the fluorescent signals of the relevant protein.
- DICOM snapshot export: The snapshot export function is now available in DICOM image format as well.
- TMA annotations: A new annotation can be defined and maintained by CaseViewer for TMA cores as well. The new TMA annotation is available in different sizes and
colors. The new TMA annotation also supports the attachment of remarks to graphical TMA annotations.
- Supports SlideDriver for microscope-like navigation on digital slides.
- Scoring guides: A new grading and scoring guideline table is available in order to support the diagnostic process.
Key features for Research microscopy
- Native TIFF export: The annotations, the current view image and the whole slide image can be exported as a high-resolution TIFF image.
- JPEG snapshot export supports the most common JPEG image format in 300 DPI image resolutions.
Histogramshows the representation of the distribution of colors in a digital slide. This function helps optimize digital slides based on black, white and gamma values. The new histogram supports 16-bit image presentation.
- DDIC: Digital Differential Interference Contrast function. A contrast enhancement function which can reveal small details of the tissue.
- Z-stack prefetch supports
seamlesstransition of the layers and optical sections in confocal or Z-stack slides.
Other new functions
- Slide Upload: The improved slide upload makes possible to upload slides or folders (containing slides)
inmuch faster speed (approx. 10x) than before.
- Tooltip: Detailed function description appears automatically by navigating the mouse arrow above any function button.
- Zoom limit Setting: In the Settings menu the default zoom limit can be increased in order to make digital zooming available for higher magnification.
- Multi-core support: The CaseViewer application supports
high performancemulti-core processor operation. The number of the processor cores to be used for running the CaseViewer application faster and efficiently can be set in the Settings menu.
- Multi-instance enables the operating system to be able to run multiple CaseViewer applications simultaneously on the same computer.
MultiView: nine slides of a case on a single screen
Minimum system requirements
- Monitor resolution 1280 × 720
- Operation system Windows 7 SP1 or newer
- Graphics Card OpenGL 2.0 compatible
- CPU Intel DualCore
- RAM 2GB
Please note that the CaseViewer installer now also includes the Converter for TIFF and other third-party slide exports.
Note: the username and password registered on